Harbass’ experienced finance professionals have extensive experience in assisting governments in the areas of structured debt and trade finance. Harbass’ standard sovereign-debt related services include:
• Foreign debt renegotiation (London Club and Paris Club), conversion of foreign debt into equity (debt-equity swaps), debt repayments through exports, debt-leasing transactions, recovery of loan portfolios between sovereign nations (government to government debt), analysis and optimization of foreign debt portfolios;
• Trade finance, custom design of international debt management agreements, counter-trade advisory services, and advise on negotiations with multilateral organizations (IMF, World Bank, private commercial banks, etc.).
• Restructuring and negotiating of public and private debt stock.
• Financial advisory services for the restructuring of a countries’ financial sector.
• Advisory services for the financial restructuring of private and public debt.
• Financial engineering for the issuing of new debt instruments.
• Representation of Governments for the syndication of new debt with sovereign guaranties, export guaranties, and hybrid-collateralization.