Harbass’ experienced finance professionals have extensive experience in assisting governments in the areas of structured debt and trade finance. Harbass’ standard sovereign-debt related services include:
• Foreign debt renegotiation (London Club and Paris Club), conversion of foreign debt into equity (debt-equity swaps), debt repayments through exports, debt-leasing transactions, recovery of loan portfolios between sovereign nations (government to government debt), analysis and optimization of foreign debt portfolios;
• Trade finance, custom design of international debt management agreements, counter-trade advisory services, and advise on negotiations with multilateral organizations (IMF, World Bank, private commercial banks, etc.).
• Restructuring and negotiating of public and private debt stock.
• Financial advisory services for the restructuring of a countries’ financial sector.
• Advisory services for the financial restructuring of private and public debt.
• Financial engineering for the issuing of new debt instruments.
• Representation of Governments for the syndication of new debt with sovereign guaranties, export guaranties, and hybrid-collateralization.
Sovereign Debt Experience
Harbass’ team is comprised of seasoned finance professionals who have been directly responsible for numerous deals, such as:
Developed systems for the capitalization of debt by investment and conversion of debt into financial products for a government client in Latin America.
Restructured and negotiated public and private debt stock for a government client in Latin America.
Executed a program of debt capitalization for a government client in Latin America.
Advised the Central Bank of an African nation on the restructuring of the public debt with the Paris Club.
Advised the Central Bank of an Asian nation on performance measurement methods.
Advised the Central Bank of a Middle East nation on performance measurement methods.
Provided financial advisory services to a government client in Latin America for the implementation of a program of debt conversion into investment as well as analysis and restructuring of the country’s financial sector.
Provided privatization advisory services to a Latin American government client for the water sector.
Syndicated multiple funds with participation from sovereign wealth funds in Asia and Middle East.
A pioneer in innovative procurement support solutions, Harbass is at the leading edge of government procurement, offering assistance in the areas of modernization, savings, loss prevention and anti-corruption. Harbass’ Third Party Procurement Monitoring (TTPM) combats deceptive practices and technical deficiencies that encumber government procurement. It helps governments maximize value from their procurements by promoting transparent and competitive bidding procedures.
Monitoring of procurement and certification of the documents prepared by the client for the processing of a tender. The auditing of the documentation identifies any deficiencies it might contain from a technical, legal and financial point of view.
Technical assistance provided to the client to improve the quality of such documents when any deficiencies are found.
Database maintenance, recording all of the relevant information arising from the client’s procurement and contracting.
Documents generated by the government subject to TPPM review
Technical specifications, defining the products or services to be contracted, quantity and quality, available budget, other documents leading to the development of solicitation documents.
Solicitation documents, which include requests for proposals, invitations to bid, invitations to quote price, terms of reference, technical specifications, instructions to bidders, criteria of evaluation of offers, public announcements.
Results of evaluation of offers, which include report on the evaluation process and the criteria used to determine the selection of the winners, records of the opening of offers and any other significant document.
Adjudication contracts, including explanation of due cause in cases where there is any substantial deviation from the original conditions expressed in the terms of reference and/or the offer.
Report of delivery of goods or services, indicating quantity, quality and tests performed.
Harbass Capital's Procurement Support Experience
Argentina, Sigen (Office of the Controller General)
Argentina, Procurement of Pan-American games
Bolivia, United Nations procurement services
Colombia, Procurement for the Ministry of Defense
Guatemala, Procurement services for the Ministry of Health
Uganda, Procurement services for the whole nation
Kenya, Procurement services for Ministry of Finance